Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Florida Gardening: Another Freezing Thread, 1 by MollyMc

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MollyMc

Subject: Another Freezing Thread

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Another Freezing Thread
MollyMc wrote:
Are you going to be ready?

It's 48 in my greenhouse now, and outside it's 42. That's the spread between my GH temp and outside air temp at night 6 degrees. It's been raining since about 9 last night. The plants are loving it for sure.

We are forecast for a high today of 58 and low tonight of 30. Tomorrow's high is 58 and low forecast at 28. Although that's pushing it for some of my plants, it will still be above freezing in the greenhouse. I will probably bring in the orchids and the AV's. Saturday's low is forecast back up to 45. Good news is with the days being mostly colder, I can leave the plastic panels down without fear of cooking stuff in here. AND maybe I can heat the house a little with the solar gain.

I knew we weren't going to be able to slide by without some really low temps. How are all the Northcentral Floridians doing?

Molly
:^)))

I brought this in last night. This is just the beginning of the annual blooms on this. Will continue on through March.