Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Mr. and Mrs. Bocker Move into their New Home, 1 by Cottage_Rose

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cottage_Rose

In reply to: Mr. and Mrs. Bocker Move into their New Home

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mr. and Mrs. Bocker Move into their New Home
Cottage_Rose wrote:
Sheri thanks so much for the kind invite but somehow visiting other peoples horses just makes me sad....although you are very close...and I should come over sometime this coming summer.
I'm only about 30 minutes north of GR via US 131.
I go shopping in GR all the time too.
Re. no horses...our middle son Benjamin and I are the only horse people in our family. When he went out of state to college he sold his horses. :o(
Then I had a 2 year illness and sold mine (plus all my chickens) because I did'nt want to burden my ~very~ non-horse-loving husband with caring for my horses and other critters...plus we were losing our riding trials to development etc. etc. etc. At this stage of life I'm better off (I guess) without horses to care for since Lee and I are empty nesters and don't want to be tied down with large livestock. Its really alot of work for me to do alone with my aging body....plus its hard enough to get somebody to come feed the chickens when we are gone. So....BIG, BIG hole in my heart forever because I was born loving horses and have a very deep love for them, but I'm forever blessed that I had them in my life.
Anyway...back to being sick...I got better and couldn't stand that empty barnyard so that is why I got some chickens again. I just had to have something out there poking around in the grass, plus I added Muscovy Ducks and Sebastopol Geese in 2005, and LOVE them!
Have you ever been to my website... you can see my birdies there. :o) http://www.freewebs.com/cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms/