Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Hanging Baskets and Window Boxes, 1 by heathrjoy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright heathrjoy

In reply to: Hanging Baskets and Window Boxes

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hanging Baskets and Window Boxes
heathrjoy wrote:
Lobelia Cascade Mix should be colors of blue, light blue, rose, lilac, purple and maybe white. There shouldn't be any red. That's one I'm ordering if I can't get the Regatta Mix. The colors are the same, but Regatta trails longer.

I had Swan River Daisy last year and that pack of seeds is worth it just for those!!! You'll adore them, they are tiny blooms, but so bright and lovely! Attaching a pic...which I did play w/ the color a bit because it was such a gloomy day.

Let me think on what to put in the center of that color mix for you. I'm not good at coming up w/ things quick...but I'll be pouring over the seed catalogs!

I don't know how long the dichondra takes to get to size...but I'll be starting them just about the day I get them!! I want to get everything started asap. My stand and lights and heaters are ready to go. I may start some seeds tomorrow. As soon as things are big enough I want to transplant them into their baskets/boxes so they can grow right in place. My plan is from the flats to a 4 in pot to the baskets, unless I'm told that's a bad way to do it.

I better check out that Baby's Breath some more before I order one. Thanks for the heads up on that! I did have the tall white kind that always fell over on me and looked horrible by the end of summer. It's long gone now! I do miss it when I cut flowers though.