Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Weather: January's Daily Weather, Glešilegt nżtt įr! Happy New Year!, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: January's Daily Weather, Glešilegt nżtt įr! Happy New Year!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of January's Daily Weather, Gleðilegt nýtt ár! Happy New Year!
rannveig wrote:
Thanks for your compliments guys - but I'm no photography expert (that's EB ;-)) - to take photos of fireworks you need a tripod and a manual setting on the camera - the panorama shots varied from 5-8 sec with an aperture of 20 .... the ones of the house were 1-2 sec exposures. - or if there's a fireworks setting on the camera that might work fine as well ;-) I wish I could have stayed out longer since the weather was so great and it's just an amazing sight to see - but couldn't stay away from the girls longer. Sure hope Selma will get over her fear someday ......

TLC - sure hope you'll manage to get some photos on the 4th of July - sounds like a wonderful show! Couldn't have fireworks here in the summer since it doesn't get dark ..... not until late August anyway.

Sidney - LOL - yes it says Happy New Year ;-) - I thought it was very nice to see Icelandic in the title :-D

Ric - lol - who makes those silly rules I wonder??? Seems to be no point in being able to buy the darned things if you can't do anything with them.

Incidentally - the clean up has begun - they're estimating about 500 tons of rubbish after that fireworks feast! Talk about a hang over ....... Well - not everybody's happy about the noise and pollution that goes with this enormous party and there are voices that think it's a terrible waste of money. Most of the proceeds do go to the volunteer rescue groups that rescue people that get into trouble in the interior or wandering up on mountains or something like that ........ so it's partly for a good cause. There have been private retailers getting on the market in the past years looking for a quick profit which the rescue groups aren't very happy about ....... anyway - it's fun - although it might be "just a bit" over the top ......

One more of the mad feast :-) - might have posted it already - sorry if I'm repeating myself! :-)