Photo by Melody

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Need ideas for a long bog garden, 1 by starlight1153

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright starlight1153

In reply to: Need ideas for a long bog garden

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Need ideas for a long bog garden
starlight1153 wrote:
It neither Becky. It the indian pink. tried to make the tiny pic I had of it bigger, but guess it blurred it. Here a link to it. http://www.briartech.com/latespring/indian/pindian.htm

Butterfly ginger is similar in height and lots of foliage. Some cultivars have more fragrance than others. Ginger come s in peaches, pinks, white.

I also have several different types of canna when you decid e on what ya looking for. While I have hybrids, I also have the species Canna indica. I like it better. Grante d the flowers not as big or showyu a s the hybrids, but it seems more critters are attracte d to it for feeding.
Got slews of it. Hopefully my pic of it will be better. Got tons of seed for it too which is easy to propagate. Just needs scarified and popped in a pot.

Don't know a thign about a Black Titi. Have only seen the white and yes it is a tree, so you probably don't want to do it.

Mark... Have you seen how the Black Bamboo grows? Would be nice if it could be contained. I like splashes of black , makes a statement amongest all the other colors.