Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: How are you using food plants in your cottage garden?, 1 by sempervirens

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sempervirens

In reply to: How are you using food plants in your cottage garden?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How are you using food plants in your cottage garden?
sempervirens wrote:
Well, I think as long as it doesn't show (over fussiness) the garden isn't overthought. The truth of the matter is the cottage garden might look natural but is very planned and time and labor intensive. That is part of it's appeal to all of us "obssesive gardening types". I have at least one notebook for each year I've gardened, along with numerous photos, layouts to show where everything is, and drawings of garden placement after every change. I'm certainly not happy until I've made at least one major change a year. Just to add a little interest to the problem I also try for a winter interest garden and try to be eco friendly and use native plants whenever possible.

critter-What heuchera are you using in the sunny garden?

gemini- Red Russian is listed as an heirloom variety of kale. I think I got the seeds at Seeds Of Change.

PrairieGirl- Ongoing battle with the neighbor, I've lost plants, edging, mulch,fencing, structures-

Thanks for the compliments jude and gemini.
The grapevines(in the photo), so close to the house, have the drawback of attracting wasps and flys.