Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: renewd and changed the pictures-area, 1 by Illoquin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Illoquin

In reply to: renewd and changed the pictures-area

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of renewd and changed the pictures-area
Illoquin wrote:
Mark,

I thought it was 4 or 5 acres and was wondering how you had time to take care of it all. The pond alone looks like 1/4 hectare! You've done such a nice job on the overall layout -- that's what a number of us on the forum are struggling with. Can we just send our pictures to you? You could just plan out how we should make our little rooms!

My problem is the big trees I have -- not that they are a problem by themselves, but if I add some eye level plantings to make my different zones, I shut out an awful lot of sunlight combined with the shade the trees already provide.

Your garden is really lovely, and the plants, in addition to being well-placed, are huge; did you grow them from seed, or do you work at a tissue culture lab? Or did you go to the Garden Center and buy big gallon pots?

I'm sowing seed this year but the resulting plants will be soooo little. It seems as if they will never bloom, much less make huge clumps such as you've got there.

Here's a broad view of my backyard. It's a little more grown up than this, but not much.

Suzy