Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Never blooming lipstick plant, 1 by GrowHappy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GrowHappy

In reply to: Never blooming lipstick plant

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Never blooming lipstick plant
GrowHappy wrote:
These plants are a mystery to me. I love them, don't get me wrong, but they make no sense. I have a variegated one that received Western exposure and it eventually developed SOME blooms. I broke a piece off that plant a couple of months ago that had buds on it. I stuck it in some water diluted with SuperThrive and waited for roots and flowers. Today, one of the flowers on the cutting finally opened up.

If this were not a variegated plant, I think I would use that infamous beer fertilizer on this plant. Judging by the testimonials, it causes your plants to green up, so, wouldn't want that on this one. LOL

I have another all-green lipstick and ever since I b ought it inside in Sept., it has been throwing a perpetual tantrum. Dropping leaves, browing leaves, shriveling stems. I cut it back hard and took some cuttings last week and am hoping that they will root or do something surprising- like not drop anymore leaves. I'm sick of this plant and EXTREMELY frustrated. I see a trash bin in this plants very near future.

Here is the cutting growing in water: