Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: "Monarch Waystation" Butterfly Plant Seed Certification Info, 1 by kbaumle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kbaumle

In reply to: "Monarch Waystation" Butterfly Plant Seed Certification Info

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of "Monarch Waystation" Butterfly Plant Seed Certification Info
kbaumle wrote:
Our garden is Monarch Waystation #948. We had so many Monarchs this year, what with our large garden that we started last fall and worked like crazy on this spring and summer. Even before we got our gardens going really well, we've had lots of Monarchs and other butterflies. I'll never forget the one morning about three years ago, when we awoke to find hundreds of Monarchs in our trees.

My mom has been the major fundraiser for her Master Gardeners group that is building a children's garden in her hometown of Van Wert, Ohio. The butterfly house is pretty well complete and it is so darn cool! It's pink with a green roof and is the first time that a Vera Bradley print has been allowed to be used on anything besides Vera Bradley products. The shutters on the butterfly house are the paisleys from the print. They'll be using it in their advertising. Their garden has also been certified as a Monarch Waystation and they'll be raising butterflies next year.

Here's the artist's illustration for the Butterfly House. I don't have a photo of it.

This message was edited Dec 14, 2006 2:34 AM