Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: New Arbor, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: New Arbor

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New Arbor
rcn48 wrote:
Yikes - maybe I should reconsider! Although wondering which Wisteria you planted? The one I'm thinking of is W. fructescens 'Amethyst Falls' not the older Chinese variety - not supposed to be as vigorous and it blooms the first year.

The view is lovely, isn't it? We used to be able to see it from our deck, but now that all the trees we've planted are getting so tall, we're losing it - so this is the perfect spot to "plant" a couple of chairs for relaxing. There is a new house on the hill - just to the right in the picture - that was built recently and I'm designing my plantings to "hide" it without spoiling the view.

Thank you for the offer of the creeping Jenny - already got it :) I know its aggressive behavior turns some people off, but personally I like the darned thing. The walk around our pond has a wall on the slope and I had planted it to trail down over the edges. Although this was a tough summer for those I planted in the spring, the ones that made it looked so nice I just planted more!

This is the Lonicera 'Baggeson's Gold' that I'm going to plant in the area somewhere. Not a very good picture, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like in the dead of winter. It's foliage is brilliant gold in the summer - loses its 'brilliance' during the winter but still pretty and I really like the dainty foliage and the almost weeping habit.