Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: New Arbor, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: New Arbor

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New Arbor
rcn48 wrote:
Wisteria - no? I've been going back and forth, Wisteria v. Climbing Rose/Clematis. The Wisteria I have and it's ready to plant - but Rose/Clematis would have to wait until spring - I'm just anxious to get something planted. The arbor is really very strong - it's metal vs. wood.

I have so many ideas for this area and had wanted to at least plant something this fall. However we've changed our minds on the base for the patio - going with fieldstone for a more natural look now - and since the pieces aren't symmetrical like the faux stones I was going to use, I'm going to hold off until the patio is in place before planting. Thanks for the suggestion of the barberry - we actually have one planted in the gardens elsewhere and it does glow. I've been saving a Lonicera 'Baggeson's Gold' for this area which will create the same effect and best part is it's evergreen! We have one planted along our driveway and I've been wanting another one in the gardens and seems to me this will be a perfect spot for it :)

This is the view we'll have of the mountains when we take the time to relax on the new patio. Somehow I'm going to have figure out how to incorporate an area to include the metal frog sculptures I saw at Harper's this weekend so they can provide "music" for us :)