Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Garden Photos ...., 1 by beckygardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright beckygardener

Subject: Garden Photos ....

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Garden Photos ....
beckygardener wrote:
Tabasco asked me to start a new thread to post photos of what my gardens look like, as well as encourage other folks to post photos of their gardens. I hope some of you will also post photos of your gardens. I love looking at what everyone is doing! And it's inspiring to newbies who are debating whether to try a butterfly/hummer garden. I can't tell you how easy it is once you do your research and just jump on in! Start with a small patch of yard and then expand each year. I have a 5 year plan currently. (Don't know if I will get to the end results.)

Let me just say that I started creating butterfly gardens first (2 years ago) and then this year I added plants that I am hoping will attract hummers too. I favor red and purple flowers. But there is no rational reason to my planting madness! LOL! I like ALL flowers and ALL colors!!! My home is sitting in the middle of a standard size residental lot (80" X 125'). I have a sloping backyard and am recovering from hurricane damage to my yard from 2 years ago. My backyard perimeter is fenced in. It's a vinyl white fence that IS concreted into the ground. So hopefully it will hold up all the vines I planted next to it during this past summer! I think I might have planted a little too many. :-S

Anyway, here is my front yard. I just have the one garden near the front of my house. Next Spring I plan to extend the garden further out into the front yard and include the 3 small trees into the garden and change the paver walkway. My goal - To get rid of as much grass/weed in the yard as possible. My husband fears that I am well on my way to accomplishing this! lol

But my son is quite delighted with my garden goal because he hopes that eventually he won't ever have to mow the yard again or at the very least just mow a small bit of grassy area. lol