Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Is this a ti plant?, 1 by patp

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright patp

In reply to: Is this a ti plant?

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Is this a ti plant?
patp wrote:
betsyah, I have what I believe to be Dracena 'Janet Craig' that was about as tall as what yours appears to be. The problem I had was leaf tips turning brown. There is one where I work that is so beautiful, having about 5 plants in the planter all of different heights (the lower leaves were stripped off the main stalk), so I decided to cut my plant into three pieces. I stuck the two which came from the mother plant into the soil with the mom. One rooted; unfortunately the mother and one cut off died, leaving me with one poorly developed stalk. Sooooo, I'm very interested in how much light and water your plant receives and what type of soil the plant is in. I haven't figured out whether I'm watering too much or too little (weekly), and whether my plant receives too much sunlight (through low-e glass). And I agree that your flowering Dracena should be submitted to the Dracena 'Janet Craig' page. The attached picture, taken last year, is of the Dracena where I work.