Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: How do you propagate HEDYSAROIDES RUBRA (Firefern Oxalis), 1 by kimskreations

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kimskreations

In reply to: How do you propagate HEDYSAROIDES RUBRA (Firefern Oxalis)

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How do you propagate HEDYSAROIDES RUBRA (Firefern Oxalis)
kimskreations wrote:
Hello Ernie,

Thank you for taking the time to go into such great detail on how to propagate this plan.
I only had 4 stems of it and couldn't bare the thought of snipping any of them so I ordered another plant to add to my pot and use for cuttings.
I am really falling for this plant also. I love the way the leaves start off kind of green and then turn to the beautiful deep burgundy they are. It seems there are always lots of colors going on this all the time.
Am I going to have a hard time keeping it over the winter in Maine? I find that it seems to lose 2 or 3 leaves on a daily basis but I haven't been worried about it because there are plenty of new leaves coming. Is this common for this plant? I never know if it's something to worry about or normal when a plant "sheds".
I can't provide it flourescent lighting in my home but I do mist it quite frequently.
IF I get the new job I interviewed for this week, I will plan to bring this baby to my office so that I can provide it with flourescent lighting.

Thank you for taking the time to share your tips with me.

Kim