Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: My greenhouse, 1 by bbrookrd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bbrookrd

In reply to: My greenhouse

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My greenhouse
bbrookrd wrote:
Benson, You have done what we had done...your energy and skills are amazing. We hired an architect and builders in 1981 to build a passive solar house. It isn't as cold here as it is in NH but we have been thrilled with our GH for both heat and for our winter garden space. The only heat for the GH is the wood stove pipe which runs for about 10 feet before going back into the chimney.(you can see it in the picture) We don't start the stove usually until the sun goes down as the house usually gets a great deal of heat from the GH. We have backup heat available for the house, but avoid using it due to the expense. Thought you would enjoy seeing ours. I've just finished moving everyone back into their winter digs (literally). I transplant any annuals that I think might make a splash of winter color. I just dug up a mess of hot pepper plants that I figure might keep things hot until January! I've just given everyone a good trim so things are a bit sparse. Patti

This message was edited Dec 17, 2007 8:14 AM