Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Show how your garden has changed over the last few months, 1 by noknok

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright noknok

In reply to: Show how your garden has changed over the last few months

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Show how your garden has changed over the last few months
noknok wrote:
Susan, i had more time to look at your pictures. Looks to me like you've got your succession pretty well together (though I think you'll enjoy the book anyway) I think we all garden the way we "have to", given the place and who we are. Fine-tuning, moving and editing is surely the happiest thing to do here. And your plants look so full and healthy. You must be the neighborhood attraction!

You've really gone to town with daylilies. Are those blooming still? September would be good enough for me, if I could find some like that orange/red one near the end. 'King of masks' is gorgeous too, when does that one bloom?
I'm a big Helenium fan, just tried 'Coppelia' this season, LOVE them! 'Mardi gras' is another favorite.

It's a nice street, too, for "borrowed scenery", like an elongated park. I wish every street in America could look like that.

Rannveig, yes, I guess it's still rural. I have a shady yard at my house, but where I really garden is the land around my costume factory/banquet facility, that was ravaged by a decade of construction. It started as just wanting to "heal" the land, I got hooked, lined and sinkered, for life!
I'm only about five years into it.
One of the good things about it is, I get to deduct every tree, garden book and tulip bulb. I even get to call it "work", though at this point I'm way past the strictly "necessary" ;o)

Here's a before/after picture '02-'05