Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Show how your garden has changed over the last few months, 1 by noknok

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright noknok

In reply to: Show how your garden has changed over the last few months

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Show how your garden has changed over the last few months
noknok wrote:
Susan, gorgeous gardens!
Without a camera, I'd be utterly lost in mine, forgetting what blooms where and when. I rarely do the smart thing: same place from the same angle twice a month.

This is the essential technique in Christopher Lloyds book "Succession planting", his last, as far as I know. I find it immensely helpful.
I get so involved in current projects that I forget to go around and take pictures of EVERYTHING regularly, and from the same angle.
Maybe some day, I'll actually mark some selected spots (hmm, with a flush stone?) to be the "picture spots", where you stand with the camera and aim it in four (or so) different directions, the same ones each time.
This would of course be in addition to all the random "beautiful shots" and "current projects" pictures. Heck, with an external hard drive and re-chargeable batteries, why not??

At first I thought your post was to be a "before-and-after fest", so I picked some pictures of... change to share. Here's one, from April 11.06.