Photo by Melody

Grass and Bamboo: Happy Yellow Groove Bamboo & it's friend Joe Pye Weed !, 1 by plymouthgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plymouthgarden

In reply to: Happy Yellow Groove Bamboo & it's friend Joe Pye Weed !

Forum: Grass and Bamboo

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happy Yellow Groove Bamboo & it's friend Joe Pye Weed !
plymouthgarden wrote:
wow - 25' - that's awesome! mine is growing in partial shade as well - it's been in about 3yrs. the growth seems fairly manageable too (famous last words i know) - it stays evergreen - and looks beautiful covered with snow. although, i do go out and shake the snow off of it so it won't break! i'm finding the tallest culms are leaning over a lot during the growing season - do you find that at 25' or is it standing upright? glad you like the joe pye weed - it just keeps getting bigger. even the photo doesn't really give you the true feeling of just how big it is...

i've planted some more of the yellow groove (dug up roots etc) in the back yard (way out back where it can spread) - a shady spot - and it has sent up a new culm in the past week - i was very surprised to see that this late in the growing season.

do you have a pic of your Blue Mountain Bamboo? i'll look it up. is it too late to put bamboo in now do you think? i'm still putting in evergreens that i'm finding at a deep discount at local garden centers...