Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: New terrarium, 1 by RainGazer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright RainGazer

Subject: New terrarium

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New terrarium
RainGazer wrote:
I'm so tickled with how it turned out! My idea was to make a fairy garden, so I searched the house for anything that would work. Here's what I came up with. What do you think? Honest opinions, please! I can handle it! LOL
It only has plain white paper for a background right now, which I'm not particularly thrilled with, but I tried one of those printed backgrounds for an aquarium and it was way too busy, and I can't stand seeing the electric cords behind it if there's nothing there. I'm thinking maybe I could find or create a light blue background with wispy clouds at the top and use that. What do you think of that idea?
Let's see if I can remember what all is in it. I tried to use plants that would be fairly compatible. I know some will grow to be too big, but for now they work fine. I can always replace what gets too large, if it can't be pruned back.
Polynesian Ivy
Palm Seedling
Codonanthe devosiana 'Paula'
unknown Hoya
Silver pothos or philo or whichever it is, Scindapsus pictus
Episcia 'Silver Skies'
Episcia 'KeeWee'
Episcia 'Grey Lady'
Episcia 'CoCo'
Episcia 'Chocolate Soldier'
Episcia 'Blue Heaven'
African Violet 'Biscayne Trail'
African Violet 'Rob's Toorooka'
African Violet 'Winnie the Pooh'
African Violet 'Midget Gumdrop'
Oxalis - Fire Fern
unknown Philodendron
some kind of moss-looking stuff LOL
I need a little water lily to float in the pond, a small bench, a small fairy to sit next to the pond, and a tiny frog. THEN I'll feel like it's finished!
Here's an overall picture of it. Please ignore the aquarium thermometer stuck to the front left. I started to remove it, but think now that I'll leave it on for a while to see what it shows the temperature to be.