Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Foxglove, 1 by BjsBloomers

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BjsBloomers

In reply to: Foxglove

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Foxglove
BjsBloomers wrote:
Here on the west coast the common ones grow wild, I have some in my shade garden along my stream. I have a small sitting area I call the blue & white room. Year before last I bought white foxglove seeds to get some white tall stuff growing there. The seeds came up redily & in abundance, I carefully transfered the seedlings to 6 packs & got nearly a flat of plants. Planted them all out in my blue & white room...they grew like gangbusters, some as tall as 6 ft. finally they got buds on them. Bloomed. They were all purple except one plant! Grrrr! So much for my blue & white room.
They did look pretty but I really wanted white! I have dug most of the plants up & moved them elsewhere in my garden. Guess I'll look for a different white flower for next year! Blue flowers are hard to find for shade too.
Heres a shot of the blue & white room when it was new. Now you can't even see in there it has grown into a nice plant cave!