Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Mandevilla Laxa - Seed pods?, 1 by PudgyMudpies

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PudgyMudpies

In reply to: Mandevilla Laxa - Seed pods?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mandevilla Laxa - Seed pods?
PudgyMudpies wrote:
Happy_girl, when I first started with the m. laxa, I was given a long green seedpod in the Fall and told to just set it in a jar and leave it alone until it turned brown and crispy. It took most of the winter, but come spring, I cracked that long old pod open and got out the seeds that look a little like the dark end of the marigold seed and with cream colored fringe on them like dandelion fluff. Probably to enable them to get carried away in the wind. I doubt they would fall under your existing plant because of this.
My vine has been here for a couple of years now, producing the lovely long pods, and it does not really go dormant unless we have a hard winter. Yours may not even go dormant since you are in zone 10b.
Do you like the smell? I am undecided. LOL Sometimes I smell it and its not too bad, other times it kind of repels me. Not sure why. But I asked my DD and DH and they both said it stinks to them. Go figure, huh?
I had DD run out and lay it her arm so you could see what my pods look like. They are wild crazy long! LOL