Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: A Roof Top Container... but then everything is up here, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: A Roof Top Container... but then everything is up here

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A Roof Top Container... but then everything is  up here
GordonHawk wrote:
Herpst... Well glad to have helped... Gee.. am I partially responcible for releasing the mysteries of the past from that dinosaur egg... my my... nogetting them back in now... be careful.. art can be stronger than reality..
Sitabrothers.. well thanks.. Plumeria love it hot.. when t was 100*+F here fora week orso... theroofgotto 155*F... aboutthehottest I'veactually measured it to be... keep feeding the plumeria.. and they will bloom through the heat... Brugs.. are more effected... and mine are just getting their flowering back...but now the hurricane or whatever it is now... but at 40MPH winds... they call it a wind event...not to metion torential rains... hope there is a bud left... picture is Cyperss Gardens yesterday..a dozen open.. and another 100 probually blown all away now..on this one litle plant.. the roof is about 65' x 22' .. it used to be justthings grown in sheetrock mud buckets..5 gal plastic... roses on the front.. all tied together across the front... and heirloom tomatoes grown the same way across the back.. then came the fence and the rest is just work..about 8 years since the fence.. the plants come to the floor below with me... I have ahelper that works for me usually.. and in the spring and fall.. we puttogether and break down the garden ..andset it up below... where we have plumie and brugblooms ..most all winter.. no coolspace toletthemgodormant... so we give them 3 --400 watt metal halide/HPS lights..andsome flourescentsand incadescent plant lights.. weeks of work on either end of summer..
Geminisage.. Yes.. that's a bit of lawn... I run over it with my John Deer 40-40 4 X tractor[ Just kidding... I cut it with my string cutter] .. helps cool below.. and gives a look I love.. and the cat likes the cool grass between her toes..
MyHareith.yesI love and enjoy it..there's even a bit of time to relax and doze off up there.. to have plants not seen anywhere around.. is such a personal joy..and extreme pleasure.. every space...no matter how small..once you close your eyes...goes on forever
Ctindell.. THANKS... I LOVE THE VIEW..AND NEVER TIRE OF IT FROM UP HERE HERE'S MORE OF IT..
again..CyperssGardens... just before the highwinds...you can see one of the trumpets..blowing out straight ..like the flag.. Gordon

This message was edited Sep 2, 2006 9:57 PM