Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Cannas: Sick Cannas, 1 by edenyen500

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright edenyen500

In reply to: Sick Cannas

Forum: Cannas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Sick Cannas
edenyen500 wrote:
Hi Steve, take a look at the link that Rita has given you. The Milk Fungicide Remedy is amazing. I have been using it in my garden for about 10 years now. Does wonders for the Black Spot on Roses, Tomato Wilt and zucchinis. I had trouble with curly leaf on a clingstone peach right from when I brought it 4 years ago, last year I sprayed it with milk remedy, the leaves fell, new ones shot and I had the most unreal crop, I couldn't believe it. At the end of our summer some of my new cannas for the year looked a lot like the ones you showed. I sprayed with Milk Remedy, with in a week they looked so unsightly that I couldn't bare to look at them, I sprayed once again and then left them to go to their dormancy, they are now shooting for this coming season, not sure what the outcome will be, but am holding very high hopes. The remedy is one litre of FULL cream milk to 8 litres of water. 75 mls of liquid seaweed and 1 Tblspn of powdered sulphate of potash. mix the last 2 first then add the milk, then water, I use this through a spray outfit. Do not spray if temp is over 25 deg. not sure what that is over there, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. You'll need a peg on your nose for a few days as the milk does sour. Good Luck. Lyn