Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: A Roof Top Container... but then everything is up here, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: A Roof Top Container... but then everything is up here

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A Roof Top Container... but then everything is  up here
GordonHawk wrote:
Leaf Lady..Well I just water and haul.. and perhaps arrange and exclude.. the Beauty just is..
MarilynBeth.. I believe it's a purple verbena..thanks for the complement...
Herpst...sure thing...I'm a promotor of ..the prehistoric
LavinaMae.. Leaf Lady... OH.. I give most of my coleus away.. I guess I grew too many of them years ago... I am developing an appreciation for them again..with so many new ones available.. I spent the summer of 65 in San Francisco...back then there was very little roof growing going on.. and Queens still lags behind the other boroughs..as they have more land to grow on.. It wasn't until '68 that I started roof growing... in big wooden barrels cut in 1/2... that were from importing anchovies... [ they would stack them on the street after unloading them...one 1/2 barrel for bathing and one 1/2 for growing..one 1/2 barrel for the Koi and water lilies.. one 1/2 barrel had the mango and coleus .. along with a lot of inside plant art.. dress making dummies..and manikins ...planted with hair of bridals veil.. a large Dieffenbachia planted in a human form.. planters cut into the loft floor so the soil level was the same as the floor level... and a large area around the bed.. that was planted with lawn..[ inside].. as well as other art pieces using plants..environmental art / computer art. a bit too early for both..
ShirleyT..OK we'll see what the first sight pictureis look like.. Well awakening on the roof... I guess it's the birds or squrrels that awaken you first.. cat birds and crows.. and sea gulls..or the blue eyed doves.. followed by the autos..fans and a/c units of the resturant near by..
Yes..NYC is difficult to visit.. and not at alll like living here.. it does take a few years to have a feel for what it is to be here.. I'm a Delta boy by birth... but I do love it here... I've a few relatives in New Orleans and vicinity so I get there quite often.. I love it there .. and would consider relocating.. got to get to somewhere warmer.. thisI guessis the first view...
Gordon