Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: A Roof Top Container... but then everything is up here, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: A Roof Top Container... but then everything is up here

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A Roof Top Container... but then everything is  up here
GordonHawk wrote:
Well thank to all... for the lovely complements... some how last year I missed responding...
so ...Aguane,, yes it is a plumeria you saw.. I have about 3 dozen orso.. cuttings...seedlings..and manyabout *' treees...pictured here for you..a new red bloom this year.. flowering is just getting going now ..only about 4 flowering now.. but many more.. including the first flowering for some Singapore seedlings.. due any time now..
Thanks Donna S.. It is a help to have some sort of wind break.. my fence has slats open a bit.. inbetween...to prevent pancakeing..which happens with a solid fence,, and the wind is diverted over..only to smash down on the garden from above..
Zhinu.. Good luck with your city space..every one has it's challanges... you have to match.. these with the ammount of effort you can devote to over comming them..
Quyen.. it's abit of work to have alawn anywhere ... there's only a1/2 "of sand as a base.. and then some sod spread on top... it's been grwoing for some 10 years or so.. every now and again... I'll roll out another sod later .. so there might be 2"-3" on top of the sand... yes it helps the temps below alot ... from 145 * + on the bare spots... to the ambient temps under the lawn ..potting.. or pond areas.. yes... I'm often found napping up there. or outright sleeping through the night ... readdng or just having fun.. on the couch
Pennerial--Donna.. oh it was aneasy matter ... I treat myself like a rented mule.. always a new project or aspect to address... and more and better.. to attend to...
AnnaBell52... well it's called carnival grass.. that purple bit... not hardy.. it made the trip downstairs.. under lights... but didn't make it through being brought back up outside in the spring... and icoldn't find it till late this summer... so I didn't have it this year... but there were new items of a similar nature up there now..
Ok more thanks in with the following picture...so here's a red plumeria
Gordon