Photo by Melody

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Rocky Mountain region forum new thread, 1 by rutholive

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rutholive

In reply to: Rocky Mountain region forum new thread

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Rocky Mountain region forum  new thread
rutholive wrote:
White Hyd. I use a product that I think I got from a Co. in Mont. called Plantskydd, developed for deer, and it does work. Also use it to keep the cottontail rabbits from eating almost everything they can find. It is a spray, not poisonous to people.It is very dark blood brown when sprayed but the next day has disappeared. It could easily be either rabbits or chipmonks eating your new plants. And also earrwigs love newly hatched!!!! seedlings. I have I think only 1 chipmonk ( my daughter who fights them all the time in her Virginia garden, says I couldn't possibly have only one). I think my chippie is just here to tease my Lhaso Apso dog.

I got so mad at the darn rabbits that I finally shot one and then ate it!!!!!!!!!!!!! The babies are so cute and when I discovered a nest with 10 or so tiny babies, I couldn't kill them, now I probably could.

I don't know what to do to get rid of earrwigs. My chickens eat quite a few but still lots of them around. I tried using Diatomaceous (sp) Earth stuff a round the edges of my raised beds to get rid of the earrwigs and rolypolies, tumble bugs, can't remember the correct name, anyway had no effect.

Do any of you grow Lycoris (Naked Ladies). My clump is in full bloom now and so nicely fragrant.

Donna