Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Please Share Pics of your Favorite Containers for 2006!, 1 by carrielamont

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright carrielamont

In reply to: Please Share Pics of your Favorite Containers for 2006!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Please Share Pics of your Favorite Containers for 2006!
carrielamont wrote:
Tobee,

Well, I (she said snootily) did take French in HS and German in college. All of your meanings are perfectly clear, I was just wondering about fleur boite since that literally means flower box and seemed like something that would prefer a prepositon in French. Where we say [this is an awful example] back yard, they might say yard of back or yard in back, where we say daily special they might say soup du jour. Or even, where we would more likely say window box, they say "fleur boite sur une fenêtre" But I digress, or rather, I attempt to show off!
I too can say "where is the bathroom" in many languages, although I do tend to confuse Spanish and Italian. Also "how much does this cost?" is handy everywhere.

I live in the Blue Hills, which is a geographic region of Massachusetts. So when I saw the title of the pic below, I thought it was a local scenery shot. NOT!

xxx, Carrie