Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Wedding Reception Containers, 1 by jachurch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jachurch

Subject: Wedding Reception Containers

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Wedding Reception Containers
jachurch wrote:
A friend's daughter was married in Sri Lanka at Christmas (the bride and groom teach in Bengladesh), so the bride's parents and groom's parents held a reception for them in July. They decided on a SE Asian theme and began collecting statues, stands and carvings while I began planting pots.

We expected to have use of the patio, but the day was about 100 degrees in the shade. Then we expected to have a reception area filled with plants, but due to the heat, the hotel needed that space for the cold food buffet. Arriving at the hotel with pots designed for totally different purposes, we did what we could, making smaller "shrines" wherever we could safely place pots without creating tripping hazzards.

We bought buckets of cut flowers from the local Farmers" Market to make table-top bouquets and add color to the pots by putting the stems into water tubes.

This shot is my friend with all the pots assembled in my driveway waiting to be loaded into the U-Haul van we rented.