Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: I Met a Tree "Nut." Or rather; an "Acorn...", 1 by ineedacupoftea

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ineedacupoftea

Subject: I Met a Tree "Nut." Or rather; an "Acorn..."

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I Met a Tree "Nut."  Or rather; an "Acorn..."
ineedacupoftea wrote:
With short notice during a roadtrip from which I've just returned, I had the pleasure of meeting our famous resident oak fanatic. I am grateful for his making allowances to accomodate.

My father and I were in the Midwest visiting relatives (and more importantly taking in a couple musicals at St. Louis' Muny Theatre). After having realized why my father fled his family in Illinois, it was time to find things to do. Guy showed me his arboretum and some of the greater local trees in his area. Guy betrayed a deep familiarity with local/Lincoln history more than your average red-blooded Illinois resident. He was a great tour guide at historical sites- I’ll bet it's his backup occupation if his career as tree nut extraordinaire falls through.

Who else says "Say Trees" when taking a picture?
He took a number of photos, especially after he discovered I can climb fairly well. I stole a few shots myself.

Filling in the gaps of my father’s Abraham Lincoln Education in the New Salem restoration: