Photo by Melody

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: I had the most incredible morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 1 by DonnaB

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaB

Subject: I had the most incredible morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I had the most incredible morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DonnaB wrote:
I have been hunting Orange Dogs and Red-spotted Purple cats for years. We have had much needed rain 4 of the last 5 days which is enough now lol. I was wandering around looking and decided to check the 3 citrus tree around the place. First 2 nothing and didn't see anything on the 3rd either. I was bummed. Then a saw a small dead branch I was going to take off. Lo and behold what do I have here. The camoflauge was incredible. I have not 1 but 4 huge Orange Dogs on the Moro Blood Orange yipee!!!!!!!!!!!! Next I decided to wander to the back side of the pond again to check the willow tree and what do I find but 2 Red-spotted Purple cats on one branch. I snapped it off and brought it back to the house and put it in a cage. Then out taking hibiscus pics I saw what I thought was a huge bee on my cuphea and it was a Hummingbird Clearwing. Now how can you have a better day than this. One of the most enjoyable days I have had in years