Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Georgia Gardening: anyone know of any good ways to condition clay soil?, 1 by sterhill

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sterhill

In reply to: anyone know of any good ways to condition clay soil?

Forum: Georgia Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of anyone know of any good ways to condition clay soil?
sterhill wrote:
Flowtron LE-900 The Ultimate Mulcher - I bought this thing: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006XMTM/qid=1153664764/s... I hope that long link works! And I just love it. If you read the reviews, you'll find that half the people hate it and the other half - like me - just love it. You do need two people to put it together. And you cannot put sticks or big pinecones in it. Sweet gum balls are ok. Its like a weedeater, upside down. You do need to let the leaves, etc flow down into the top - you cannot stuff it as it will jam. That seems to be what most of the reviewers complain about. That and it will not take sticks. You can buy line for it from Wal-Mart and it is easy to replace the lines.

I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I think it is wonderful. I grind up my millions of leaves and pine needles and work it into the soil. You can let piles sit and they will compost very quickly. $129 with free shipping from Amazon.com

Also, I can store it on my shelves in the garage.