Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Cottage Gardens, 1 by sweezel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sweezel

In reply to: Cottage Gardens

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cottage Gardens
sweezel wrote:
LOL Mitch, that is exactly why it has not been done. I am scared to death I won't get it all and will battle it for years. Four months now and still no sun beds because of it. I am just a little wuss and completely indecisive.

I go back and forth between renting the sod remover (which I can't afford right now) followed by hand removal of extra roots, OR just roundup-ing it all. I really really don't want to use round-up, but I am worried that nothing else will work. I could do the black plastic or cardboard thing, but it would take a lot and I am too impatient to wait for the grass to die if I do that. Plus the dog would have a field day with it if it was not staked down and covered with mulch.

The picture is of the area where the big bed will go. It extends behind where the trampoline is and will have stepping stone paths through it. The dog in the picture is not the one that is the problem. :) It's my other one not pictured.