Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tobee43

In reply to: Coleus Chatters July 2-8

Forum: Coleus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Coleus Chatters July 2-8
tobee43 wrote:
good afternoon all!

i'm with sidney on this one with watering the impatience. actually, pot or not. the other thing for up here anyway they need constant feeding and moist very rich soil even when placed in the ground. so if you put them in the ground here the soil needs to be amended. mine i think do well because of the shade, food and the fact that most of the beds they are in where either mulched or heavily filled with peatmoss, for over 25 years so the soil can hold the moisture extremely well. but as sidney says there are still days (like today) that they had to be watered twice. (and that was after we watered them last night!).

pati..i just put them right in the ground and the cuttings take that way. also because when you water they loose their petals and they go to seed, so many flowers from petals that are dropped it's unbelievable. also you may try and pinch them back and see if that helps them fill out. just don't forget to feed them.

brinda hope all went well at the doctor with your mom this morning. wow you do so much for so many. i truly hope that they all appreciate your wonderful kindness.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2006 2:39 PM