Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Question about Hole-Less Pots, 1 by tweety12

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tweety12

In reply to: Question about Hole-Less Pots

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Question about Hole-Less Pots
tweety12 wrote:
Hi All sorry for delay in replying but here are the answers to all the Q's and some pics.

1) Drill the holes from inside
2) I am Using 1/4 Glass Drill Bit and 1/4 Masonary Bit. The pic show the size of the hole. I prefer to make 2 or 3 holes rather than having one big one in centre. You could use Bigger bits if you want just one hole,they are available in 1/2 inch size aswell
3) pour water inside the pot before drilling, just enough so that the bits are immersed in it and there is water in the holes as you are drilling, making the pottery clay wet.
4) I feel the clay just gives it little weight and Decrease the pressure and vibration around the surface of the pot helping in avoiding of cracking. (That’s how I was taught and have been just following the suggestion …works for me).

Just make sure that you are not applying to much preassure and as soon as you have done couple of them , you will get the feel and probabily find a better way for all of us......:):):)

Tweety