Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Life in my garden today, 1 by konkreteblond

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright konkreteblond

In reply to: Life in my garden today

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Life in my garden today
konkreteblond wrote:
Thank you! You all are so sweet and supportive! My stuff is not without it's problems and sometimes I'm too hard on myself but you all have made me feel like I have accomplished something!

Jackie, your garden looks great! We just need to see it closer. It looks like you've got a ton of stuff too! (Here's my photo tip: take pics when it's a little cloudy or in the evening and things don't get washed out by the bright sun)

fly_girl, you might convince me to send in a pic to BirdsNBlooms. I think the "fuzzy purple" stuff you are seeing is actually the Bog Sage. It's the last of the first pics I posted and it's right on that corner of the house to the right of the phlox. Is that what you are talking about? (close up pic below)

GL, I had to go to the PlantFiles to find out what the Picotee Cosmos were! lol I like those too. They are much taller this year, which is their second year. They just reseeded and I don't bother them so I guess they don't seem to mind where they are. They better learn to like a crowd in my garden! Actually, I have a lot of different cosmos and they are all thick because I never have the heart/nerve to thin them out. I'm always afraid if I pull some out the others might die then I'll have none.

The only problem I have with cosmos is that ants seem to like making their nests at the base of them. I had to pull up a few of these last year because of it. I could not kill the ants so I just had to pull out the plant. Thank you so much for your comments. It can be a lot of work but it's the most relaxing work I could ever do! :)