European Gardening: Where are you in Europe?, 1 by B1ZZYL1ZZY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright B1ZZYL1ZZY

In reply to: Where are you in Europe?

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where are you in Europe?
B1ZZYL1ZZY wrote:
Hello again - thank you for your welcome.

I took this piccie today just so I could show you what i have to condend with here!!! Would post more but don't want to make you envious ;) Actually, I must tell you that they do far better without any help from me. The natural beauty of the plants and simple structure of the garden is a complete winner. I had not a hand in this so I am not blowing my own. Just can't believe my luck. We also have an olive grove with about 12 trees - all mature fruiting. I am tempted to preserve my own olives - but everyone says forget it just buy them from the market!!!

You will see in the photo our grapevine which last year I completely ruined by watering at the wrong time. The fruits split open and I had to cut them all off. It really can be a challenge.

Tonight is warm and sultry and the cicadas have started their regular concerto. All the windows are open and it feels like we're living in the tropics! This part of Comunidad Valenciana is very green due to the high humidity. I know everybody claims to live in a micro climate these days, but this really is one.

Somebody said the other day that Spain is a cold country with lots of sun. Well, its certainly true of parts of it. I can testify that I have never been colder in my life than in our house in the middle of January with only a wood burner for heat! Of course the further inland you go the more extreme the temperatures get. 44 deg C is a bit much for me though.

Before I go, the Montgo mountain from a certain angle, looks like a sleeping elephant and I will get a photo to show you - its very quaint.

Sorry, I'm going on...hasta la proxima!