European Gardening: Where are you in Europe?, 1 by B1ZZYL1ZZY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright B1ZZYL1ZZY

In reply to: Where are you in Europe?

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where are you in Europe?
B1ZZYL1ZZY wrote:
Hello fellow European members! Introducing myself as a very new member who lives in Spain (Javea) since moving two years ago from Southampton (Hampshire) I have attached a photo of our mountain (Montgo) which is right behind us. I think we are zone 10a or 10b, depending on the winter of choice. Winter before last our palm trees were covered in snow - a wonderful strange sight. Things must be changing though because according to our longstanding ex-pats this never happens.

Javea has an old historic centre (el pueblo) and a port (el puerto) as well as the beach (Arenal) with its usual beach bars and restaurants. I am still learning about gardening in a mediterranean climate. Learned the hard way how not to leave tender/tropicals out on the naya in winter...my monstera did fine outside (under cover) but my frangipani kicked it! The range of plants growing here is fangtastic. From European Planes to Papaya! Incredible.

Hope to get to know a few of you a bit better as I navigate the vast seas of information here at DG.

Saludos
Lizzy