Accessible Gardening: Used My New Garden SCooter Today, 1 by Tplant

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Tplant

In reply to: Used My New Garden SCooter Today

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Used My New Garden SCooter Today
Tplant wrote:
Hi Diane --- Pembroke Pines is a fairly large community that is SW of Ft Laud and goes clear out to the everglades in the west and butts up to Hollywood in the East and Margate to the south.

All my gardening is done with earthboxes which is a patented process that can be found at http://www.earthbox.com The EBs, as I call them for short, are about 12 or more inches off the ground and require no strenuous bending or reaching nor long handled tools of any kind nor weeding, I only fertilize once per season and have no soil borne problems. Overwatering is impossible as it has it's own resevoir and an overflow drain so you can not overwater. It comes with a fitted flexible plastic cover so you never have to weed. All you do is add water everyday or so, depending on what you are growing. My main crop are heirloom tomatos in the cooler seasons and melons, right now, in the hotter seasons. I've made a lot of people a very happy gardener by suggesting this method as the results far outdo the in-ground plantings. You can grow much more in less space. I have fourteen of them. Try just one. They are great in combination with my garden scooter. I can play out there all day without straining myself or bending over and I don't have to drag all those cumbersome tools with me. I'll be posting pictures later today in the Vegetable Gardening forum under the Melons. This picture shows a small piece of my tomato garden...
Those clorox wipes are a great idea? Thanks!!