European Gardening: Where are you in Europe?, 1 by Patbarr

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Patbarr

In reply to: Where are you in Europe?

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where are you in Europe?
Patbarr wrote:
Thank goodness there is someone else who doesn't rate Monty Don. You can tell he is only following a script, and his eyes actually glaze over with a strange expression when he is having to say something he doesn't necessarily agree with. It isn't long ago that he actually said that he saw no reason why you shouldn't use weedkiller to clear ornamental areas as it was a quick and easy to clear the ground. Now he is having to toe the organic gardening line for the T.V. I bet he still uses herbicides at home - not near the veg of course.

I like Carol Kleine (not sure how you spell it) and the plump one who wears proper gardening clothes, although they tried to smarten her up with flowery skirts and cardigans for a while. They obviously know about and love plants and aren't posing for the camera all the time.

I am going on a rant - sorry.

I have quite gone off gardening programmes recently. I hate all this instant gardening, fashionable plants and being told what should go where, and themed gardens. Gardens are personal and you can have whatever you like, and the best way to find out about plants is to read books and visit other gardens.

I feel much better for that!

Here is a picture I took in my garden this morning.