Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Hydrangeas: hydrangea cuttings trade, 1 by JanetS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JanetS

In reply to: hydrangea cuttings trade

Forum: Hydrangeas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of hydrangea cuttings trade
JanetS wrote:
That having been said...late summer etc. I have always had more luck rooting newer shoots. How about the rest of you? I tried for two years to get the late summer cuttings to root, and I don't know if it was just too hot here or what, but I did have luck last year in July getting some to root. Maybe it was just "dumb" luck.LOL I have the old fashioned blue one and a white one that is just blooming for the first time this year..not sure it is getting enough sun, and a variegated one that has yet to bloom, this is only it's second year though, gets late day sun...keeping my fingers crossed. I also have to seedlings I put out I rooted and they both made it through the winter, but of course they are not blooming this year, I hope they are going to grow a bit though. How long does it generally take for the seedlings to grow to flowering size? This is a bouquet with my blue one last year...
JanetS