Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Propagating a Camelia from new growth shoots, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Propagating a Camelia from new growth shoots

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Propagating a Camelia from new growth shoots
Gitagal wrote:
Mike,

I agree with you on the knowing and the doing!

To get a bit more philosophical about it, Having done actually something cements the knowlege one has. It can also be a "barometer" on the validity of what others have told you or what you have read in books.
I always learn something new from reading a Gardening Book. Then I am eager to pass it on to others.
For that reason, all the customers appreciated me so much all the years I worked in the Garden Dept at my HD. Specifically, I was in charge of the whole Greenhouse full of houseplants of all kinds as well as all the pond-building supplies.
I have been a Phone operator for the last 3 years. I sit, or I pace on my short "leash" (phone cord). I know I cannot get back to all the gruelling work in Garden, but now and then, when we have a schedule overlap, I go out there and help out. Just bad knees, arthritis pain in the same, had a knee replacement 2 years ago etc.

It is so rewarding, when a customed catches me walking in some aisle and says, "I dodn't know you still worked here!! You always helped me so much with my plants! Everything you told me worked great!" etc. What an "upper".

But--------------I digress............
I will change the set-up to small trash bags.
Do you have some idea how long it may take for these cuttings to root?

Thanks again, Gita
Here's a rose for you from my garden. "First bloom on my "First Prize" Rose.