Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: Dwarf Meyer Lemon fertilizer question, 1 by SCoveney

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SCoveney

Subject: Dwarf Meyer Lemon fertilizer question

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Dwarf Meyer Lemon fertilizer question
SCoveney wrote:
Last winter, I bought a Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree, and planted it in a 14" pot. It is outside, on the patio. We had a record-breaking rainy winter here in San Francisco, so after planting it I never had to water it until recently. I'm using a water meter, and waiting for it to just go dry before watering. It seems OK, as it has not dropped any leaves. Last time, I did my first fertilizing. I used Miracid, but the directions on the box are unclear. It says
For outdoor plants, 1 Tablespoon of Miracid to 1 gallon of water, soak soil as far as branches reach.
For houseplants, 1 teaspoon of Miracid to 1 gallon of water.

This tree is outside, but it is in a pot. Which amount of Miracid should I use? To be conservative, not wanting to burn the leaves, I used the houseplant formula.

The leaves are yellow, and had been yellow while it was getting drenched with rain every day through most of April. In the last month, I'm sure I'm not overwatering it, so I think I need to use more fertilizer. How much do you recommend?