Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: EB vs. Gardeners Supply self-watering box, 1 by Cowpea

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cowpea

In reply to: EB vs. Gardeners Supply self-watering box

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of EB vs. Gardeners Supply self-watering box
Cowpea wrote:
Nathalyn, beautiful Angel's Trumpet. Had no idea they did so well in a container so I will certainly plant one now. Thanks for posting that pic.

I have 8 earthboxes (one of those is the newer design). I love them.

I did order SW containers from Gardener's Supply just to compare but haven't used them yet.

I ordered the one pictured above with the brug and it does look very sturdy and a good design. I also ordered the one that looks like a 1/2 oak barrel but I don't really like the 'guts' of this container. The shelf is metal like a barbeque grate and is already rusting a bit and I haven't even planted it yet --it just got rain water in it. You then have to use a piece of screen to keep the soil from falling through and a cloth wick. Yuk, too many pieces. The barrel itself is very very sturdy and looks like it will last forever. Can't imagine why they chose metal for the inside when a nice thick plastic perforated shelf would seem to me last longer. Still like the look of it though.