Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: HELP! What's killing my plants???, 1 by garden4moi

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright garden4moi

Subject: HELP! What's killing my plants???

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of HELP!  What's killing my plants???
garden4moi wrote:
I'm posting in every forum I can hoping someone can help me. Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but we had new sod put down in our backyard last Monday. Tuesday our lawn pest control company came out for their regular spraying and I told the guy we just had new sod put down. Not sure what exactly he sprayed or if this is even part of the problem. We've been running the sprinklers heavily in the a.m. to help the sod. Now everything that's in the line of runoff is having major issues. I have several rose bushes planted along the back wall and Sunday I noticed a few plants had brown, almost burned looking leaves. Leaves turn brown, then wilt totally. A few of the plants look almost totally wilted. Some have yellowing leaves near the bottom (overwatered perhaps?). Sunday I noticed the meyers lemon tree (15' tall) is discolored. Only half of the tree now has yellow, curled leaves and looks very droopy. Other half of the tree looks healthy. I just planted (on Sunday) two rose climbers that now have the same leaf problems. They are in the back of a perennial bed. Perennials don't seem affected, but there is a trench around the bed that ends just to the right of the first climber, so it's possible water from the lawn is running into the trench and towards the back where it seeps into the soil near the climbers.

Does this look like a chemical problem? Haven't seen any insects to note. If it is from the lawn chemicals, is there anything I can do to save these plants?????

Thanks,
Kim
Here's a picture of the affected rose leaves before they wilt.