Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: VA State Arboretum Plant Sale this weekend!, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: VA State Arboretum Plant Sale this weekend!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of VA State Arboretum Plant Sale this weekend!
rcn48 wrote:
Brent and mickgene, great to meet both of you this weekend!

Brent, sorry the weather took a turn for the worse just as you arrived but glad your sons got a chance to enjoy some of the activities before the rains came. Fortunately, the rain subsided and the sun came out in time for our pack up to head home :) Maybe you can bring your wife to the Arborfest sale in October and the boys could participate in more of the activities and make their own scarecrow!

We stopped on our way home yesterday at Kim's Greenhouses in Broadway and picked up some of our favorite annuals for the garden - so now we're hoping for decent weather this week to get them all planted. I was especially pleased to find one of the variegated Plectranthus that I've been looking for the past couple of years :) We used to have one in a hanging basket on our deck 4 years ago and it was gorgeous - hopefully I'll be able to get this one to look as beautiful and not kill it!
Debbie