Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Messenger....Before ane After, 1 by Eglantyne

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Eglantyne

In reply to: Messenger....Before ane After

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Messenger....Before ane After
Eglantyne wrote:
I received messenger on the 14th April.

So around the 16th-18th ? I must have sprayed and soaked this pitifully looking rose with the mixture exept that ALL of the mixture sunk down into a hole immediately.There used to be a part of a shed/barn a long time ago.Didn't notice the drainage problem last year other than the rose kept beeing cut down by the people who mow for us.Over and over,but I did see it bloom once,beautiful color and scent.

Anyway I thought that this had little chance of survival but gave it a good soaking ...just enough to see ALL of the messenger mixture disappear immediately!! down into the nowhere.....Remember thinking "gosh now I wasted already the first gallons of messenger......:-((

Dug up the rose,seeing some chewed up roots by some unknown gritters ,brought it in ,trimmed it a little and kept it in water since to watch it closer.
Here is the first picture appr.3 weeks ago,
Brigitte
PS: sorry I don't know how to put them side by side for comparison,so will post separately