Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Damminix - Anyone try this product to prevent Lyme Ticks?, 1 by sterlingsilverb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sterlingsilverb

In reply to: Damminix - Anyone try this product to prevent Lyme Ticks?

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Damminix - Anyone try this product to prevent Lyme Ticks?
sterlingsilverb wrote:
My Mom has used it for the past year (Maryland) and has had great results. She had a monstrous tick population and has had Lyme disease twice. It should be used in conjuction with tick habitat reduction and tick exposed prevention. For example, my Mom cut down weeds at the edge of the her woodland path to the garden, a frequent source of her tick contact. She also moved an in-ground compost pile into a container, to stop feeding the mouse population.
We use it too here in PA. I have placed 25 or so tick tubes, and also trimmed weeds and removed leaves. This winter, I gave away our unused firewood pile - one less place for mice and chipmunks to hide and breed ticks! We found a mouse nest with the treated nesting material inside... see the photo. I am going to be making some mouse nesting boxes for the mice to live in... so we can check up on them and make sure there are no tick present.

http://www.damminix.com

- Claire