Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Hydrangeas: Granddaddy Oakleaf, 1 by BamaBelle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BamaBelle

In reply to: Granddaddy Oakleaf

Forum: Hydrangeas

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Granddaddy Oakleaf
BamaBelle wrote:
It gets mostly morning sun as the house blocks the afternoon sun. I have mostly been just watering it often since it has been very droughty this year. I have given it some epsom salts and ths week I gave it a shot of mriacle grow...other than that, the only fertilizer I have given it was when the neighbor's cows got out and came visiting and left me 'hostess gifts' in the yard. I took the dried out patties and palced them at the base of all my hydrangeas so they could slowly dissolve and fertilize the plants.

The last day or two, as some of the blossoms age, theya re turning pink. Every pic I've ver seen of oakleaf hydrangeas has white flowers...and these have been solid white till this morning. I had a couple of white blosoms spotted with pink...now I have several spires that are turning pink as they age. Don't know if this is unusual...maybe it has something to do with the magnesium I've been giving them, or the Miracle Grow....but they jsut started doing it.