Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: How big is your veggie garden?, 1 by daisygrrl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright daisygrrl

In reply to: How big is your veggie garden?

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How big is your veggie garden?
daisygrrl wrote:
Here is my brand new veggie/cutting garden; this picture was taken on Easter Sunday. There are 2 rows of peas up, plus some turnips, beets (barely up) and some arugula. That row of green on the left is a bed of tulips from Brent and Becky's. They're in flower now and I'm cutting like mad.

The three tall structures are going to carry 3 kinds of beans...one is a red "asparagus bean" from China that I've never seen before. I have to wait until it warms up, though, for the beans.

All of my tomatoes are under the grow lights on the kitchen table: no eating in my kitchen from March-end of May. I'm growing Purple Cherokees, Sweet 100's, Sun Golds and one other little one. I plan to buy a Stupice tomato plant somewhere and experiment with some "new to me" heirloom tomato that I'm sure I'll come across at the sales this spring.

The little building is a shed that my husband and I have made into my garden shed. What a gift. And it's old. There are carvings of peoples' names inside the shed with the dates of 1904 and 1906.

daisygrrl