Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: No iris blooms yet But I'm ready!, 1 by 1gardengram

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 1gardengram

In reply to: No iris blooms yet But I'm ready!

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of No iris blooms yet    But I'm ready!
1gardengram wrote:
Thanks, all of you. I appreciate the good comments. I love irises and then found out that my son-in-law and my granddaughter love them, so I have added more over the last year. When they die back, daylilies, zinnias and Oriental lilies cover the area.

The picture I posted was part of the back yard taken last summer. It's really a BIG yard. This year I added irises to the plain ole' azalea beds in the front yard. We are so excited about them that just about every day someone is out there counting buds. Some of those are from Wanda and I can't wait to see them fully open.

I never grew flowers until my daughter and her family and myself bought this house together in 1999. I had always grown veggies to feed my family and just had marigolds around the edges. So building these flower beds has truly turned into a labor of love. The soil was just sad old sand and now is rich and dark with lots of worms. We have resident lizards and toads and there are lots of squirrels and wild bunnies--and SO many birds.

I joined DG last year and have learned so much about all sorts of things and it has helped me do the right things for my climate. I appreciate all of you more than you can know. My goal is to have this yard look like Wanda's, pirl's, and doss'. I drool over pictures of your yards in bloom.

This is the other half of the back yard. In the back of the back corner is a new fern and hosta bed.

Sorry, I didn't mean to take over the thread. We are just so blessed to have this wonderful yard to work with and it's exciting to talk about.

Diane

This message was edited Apr 17, 2006 5:06 PM